The Department of IT has always been on a high growth path and has experienced and dedicated faculty members with a strong commitment to engineering education. The teaching learning process at department prepares students to meet the computer technology needs of various sectors, namely, business, government, healthcare, education, manufacturing, etc. To keep pace with the current technological trends and to sharpen their skills, faculty development workshops are carried out regularly. During this four year programme, emphasis is on technology itself more than on the information it conveys.
Information technology is a growing field that offers relatively secure positions for those with solid technical skills and at least a bachelor's degree in an IT-related field. From support to engineering, there are several specializations that deal with the various facets of information technology.
The field of information technology (IT) covers the design, administration and support of computer and telecommunications systems. Some of the positions in this field include database and network administrators, computer support specialists, computer scientists, s/w programmers and system analysts. The majority of career tracks in IT entail design and operational tasks related to computer hardware components, networks and software applications.
Professionals in the IT field work with businesses and organizations to set up and support viable computer networks that will keep systems efficient and reliable. IT encompasses all hardware and software used in the storing, creation and accessing of information. Examples of technologies that professionals work with are firewalls, databases, media storage devices, networks and the Internet.
Vertical growth of students in rural and urban areas.
To give Value Based Education that “transform person to personalities”.
The graduates of this programme will be able to demonstrate:
1. PO1: An Understanding of IT architecture, software and hardware concepts, functionalities and applications
2. PO2: An Ability to design, develop and test computer programs involving various algorithms, methodology and programming languages
3. PO3: Competency of business domains and functional processes that employ IT systems and applications
4. PO4: Practical use of communication protocols and their applications in the field of Internet and World Wide Web
5. PO5: Sound understanding of fundamentals of computer as the central enabling platform for information management in 21st century
6. PO6: An Ability to develop, integrate, maintain and innovate software applications deployed in various multi-disciplinary domains
7. PO7: Thought leadership to design and implement practical solutions for global industry needs.
8. PO8: Acumen to embrace and adopt futuristic IT technological developments
9. PO9: Sound knowledge of entrepreneurship traits to succeed
10. PO10: Adoption of practices that are ethical ensuring transparency and accountability
11. PO11: Capability to provide solutions that are socially empowering and environment friendly
12. PO12: Effective communication and collaboration techniques with stakeholders to achieve best results.
Faculty (Permanent:07 Adhoc/Other:00 Total:07)
|Sr.||Name||Designation/Dept||Qualification||Experience||Email Address||Area of Specialization||Image|
|1||Prof. BIRADAR D V (H.O.D.)||Asso. Prof.||M.E.(EC)||email@example.com||Embedded System, Mobile comp.|
|2||Prof. BIRADAR A V||Asst. Prof.||M.E.(CNE)||firstname.lastname@example.org||Computer Networking, Info. Security.|
|3||Prof. KAMBLE N P||Asst. Prof.||M.TECH (CS)||email@example.com||Compiler Construction, Software Engineering, Fundamental of c programming, Theory of computation, Computer network, Software engineering, Compiler construction, C++, Java, Principles of programming language.|
|4||Prof. PATIL O M||Asst. Prof.||M.TECH (CS)||firstname.lastname@example.org||Database System, Java, SQL.|
|5||Prof. KAUTHALE S M||Asst. Prof.||M.E.(CNE)||email@example.com
||Computer N/W, MY SQL, PHP|
|6||Dr. HAlGARE N M||Asst. Prof.||BE(IT), ME(CASE), PhD(CSE)||firstname.lastname@example.org||Data Structure, Computer Algorithm|
|7||Prof. CHOURE K A||Asst. Prof.||BE(IT), M.E. (CSE)||email@example.com
Automate Theory, Compiler Construction, Software Testing, Data Structure, Design & Analysis of Algorithm.
Infrastructure and Facilities
|Sr.||Name of the Laboratory||Lab- in Charge||No. of Computers|
|1||Soft Computing Lab||Prof.A.V.Biradar||22|
M.S.BIDVE CENTRAL LIBRARY(INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY COURSE)
|Total Numbers of Titles||110|
|Total Numbers of Volumes||308|
|List of journals online||As per central Library|
DISTINGUISH FEATURES OF DEPARTMENT
- Senior faculties in this era.
- The department has experienced faculty members specialized in various subjects of I.T.
- Hands on practical’s with fully updated technology.
- Weekly aptitude tests.
- One –to- One teaching learning process.
FEATURES OF DEPARTMENT
- Well Furnished classrooms.
- Well equipped laboratories.
- Wi-Fi connectivity
To Enlighten the Hidden Talent of students the department has formed association
Name of association: INSPIRE IT
Association is inaugurated by Hon. Principal Prof.B.V.Dharane and Head department of IT on the occasion of wel-come party of S.E. IT students.
|Vice president||Biradar Omshant||7719000546|
|Treasurer||Jadhav Sheweta and Karpe Pranita|
|Technical Head||Wattamwar Priti|
|Student Co-ordinator||Pattewar pooja|
This event gave a platform to the engineering students from different domains to present their vision, thoughts and ideas. With such a huge, alluring and assertive response from the students across our region at our college for the Project Exhibition, Model Making and Poster Presentation, its gives a clear idea that students are pondering and need a platform to keep their views and plans for the change in technology. They are urging and demanding to consider their opinion for the betterment of technology. Our department firmly believes that honing (shine)students’ intelligence with such initiatives is of utmost importance and hence department is planning for a 3 fold event in the forthcoming academic year.
Cultural event :
Dandiya Utsav RAASLEELA As a part of cultural development of the students the department organizes various cultural event one o the event celeberated is “RAASLEELA “ that is dandiya 2015. This event is organized on 26oct on the occasion of “kojagiri pornima”